[mrtg] expecting integer?

Jon Rust jpr at vcnet.com
Mon Mar 27 06:30:55 MEST 2000

I've written a little perl script that uses echoping to get the time
(in ms) it takes my web server to serve up a test page. I'm trying to
use it in MRTG, but get this error:

    Expected an INTEGER for 'in' but got '47.105'

I also get it for the out variable, which is identical. My config looks like:

    #WWW Response Time
    Target[wwwtime]: `echoping.pl`
    MaxBytes[wwwtime]: 1000
    Title[wwwtime]: Web Server Response Time
    PageTop[wwwtime]: Web Server Response Time
    Options[wwwtime]: gauge

The script returns value\nvalue\n\n\n. I know I've done stuff like
this before, but I don't see what I'm doing wrong this time.

Any help would be appreciated.

jon