[mrtg] Re: ???? about MRTG on RED HAT 6.1

William Schwartz WSchwartz at apz-applied.com
Wed Mar 29 14:49:12 MEST 2000

> I 'm installed MRTG on Linux Red Hat 6.1 ... it
> generates me differents files like .gif, .html,
> .html.meta..

Umm. Yes, MRTG is supposed to generate output in gif & HTML pages. depending
on your "workdir" that is in your config file, they should be going to a
directory on your web server.

> Also it do not upgrade me the data on graphic.. then I
> want to know  how can I do it??? and also where can I
> find de crontab... do I need to edit some file????

(for the root user) do the following in a shell:

ctonrab -e -u root

That will edit root's crontab. the format of an entry can look something
like this:

0-59/5 * * * * /usr/local/mrtg/run/mrtg /usr/local/mrtg/etc/10.10.10.0.cfg

which run mrtg every 5 minutes for the config file 10.10.10.0.cfg.

good luck.
will