[mrtg] Re: Interface In & Out Utilization

Merton Campbell Crockett mcc at TO.GD-ES.COM
Wed Mar 29 17:28:51 MEST 2000

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000 Darren.Beattie at itnet.co.uk wrote:

> I am new to MRTG and have found it very useful, but I am having difficulty doing
> calculations of Traffic Utilization. I need to present %Utilization In and %
> Utilization Out. The line speeds vary from 64Kbps to 2Mbps. I also want to put
> thresholds on the graphs (ie if the utilization goes above, 80% flag it).
> Can anyone help, with the cfg file. (even provide a sample config file)

Darren:

To "flag" traffic over some level of utilization, set MAXBYTES to the value
in bytes that you want to set as your "warning" level.  Add ABSMAX to the
configuration for the circuit and set its value to the maximum traffic in
bytes that the circuit can support.  This will generate a graph with a
dotted red line at your maximum bytes.

One caution the percent shown below the graph is based on MAXBYTES.

Merton Campbell Crockett