[mrtg] Re: ATM subinterface Bit Per Second

Brady A. Tucker batucker at icnet.net
Thu Mar 30 07:22:24 MEST 2000

Has anybody come up with a good solution for graphing ATM sub-if's
(AAL5-Layer) on a Cisco (I'm using a 3640)  I am 'SLOWLY' accumulating these
for DSL obviously, and setup a script to run every night to update the .cfg
and the index as links are added,  but since in throws both the AAL-5 and
the sub-if in there, 1/2 the subif's get errors because only the AAL-5 layer
can be queried via SNMP...

I also tried setting description set on each sub-if and using the
description hacked version of indexmaker to 'bypass' the rotating subif
numbers on reboot with crappy success, anybody have any good solution for
this ?

Thanks,

             Brady A.  Tucker
             Internet Complete!
             batucker at icnet.net
             http://www.icnet.net

> On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Dave Packham wrote:
>

> > ATM subinterface Bit Per Second
> >
> > Running Cisco 12.07t on most of my routers and I cant seem to get any
> > traffic info on the ATM subinterface level?  anyone ever done this?
> > how
>
> AFAIK, they don't report ifin/outoctets for atm subinterfaces.  You can,
> however, get that information for the data moving through your VCs.  Do an
> snmpwalk of .iso.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.66.1.1.1 and you'll see your VC numbers and
> corresponding counters.  Set up the ones you want to monitor as Targets
> and you're all set.

In the 12.04T IOS, you can grab aal-5 signalling for each ATM sub-if,
however, no possibility to grap AAL-5 interface by IP add, only by
cisco snmp indexation, which mean each you'll reboot your rtouter you'll
suppose to reorder youmrtg indexation.