[mrtg] Re: Can't locate RRDs.pm in @INC

Graeme Fowler G.E.Fowler at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Mar 30 20:45:51 MEST 2000

On 30-Mar-2000 Peter Lalor wrote:
> Under the heading "stupid Unix questions"...

Here we go, under the heading "obvious Unix answers"...  ;-)

> I'm in the process of migrating MRTG from a slow and flaky Linux box
> to a Mac OS X Server (BSD/Mach) box, and simultaneously migrating to
> rrd.

Cool :) someone actually using MacOS X for something decent!

> LD_RUN_PATH="" cc -o blib/arch/auto/RRDs/RRDs.bundle  -arch i386
> -arch ppc  -bun
> dle -undefined suppress RRDs.o ../src/.libs/librrd_private.a -lm
> /usr/bin/ld: for architecture i386
> /usr/bin/ld: warning /lib/bundle1.o cputype (18, architecture ppc)
> does not match cputype (7) for specified -arch flag: i386 (file not
> loaded)
> /usr/bin/ld: warning ../src/.libs/librrd_private.a archive's cputype
> (18, architecture ppc) does not match cputype (7) for specified
> -arch flag: i386 (can't load from it)

Ummm... I hate to point this out to you: MacOS X runs on PowerPC chips
only so far. All those nasty i386 references, well, that kinda points
out the fact it's trying to compile for Intel... get rid of it; it
won't work!

> ...and I'm not sure if this is meaningful or not, as I do have
> /usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.13. But when I run MRTG, I get:
<snip>
> MRTG doesn't appear to look in /usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.13 for rrdtool,
> but I'm unsure how best to fix that. Also, RRDs.pm only exists on my
> system in the rrdtool source directory, so it may not have installed
> properly.

Bung it (if RRDTool got compiled correctly in the end) into the same
directory MRTG is in. That way MRTG knows where it is.

HTH

Graeme

--
Graeme Fowler
Network Officer, Infrastructure & Networks Group