[mrtg] Re: Odd MRTG Behaviour

Jason D. Jordan guru at swami.pcguru.com.au
Fri Mar 31 03:51:30 MEST 2000

From: "Matthew Petach" <mpetach at concentric.com>
> You're right.  I wrote a script to do the second method; it's
> at http://buckaroo.xo.com/MRTG/
> it's called "combine_logs.pl".

Hi Matthew,

Your script would be exactly what I'd need - if I was using MRTG log files.

To reduce the load on my server (we're monitoring a LOT of interfaces), I
converted to Rainer's 14all.cgi which is absolutely brilliant - I can't
praise it highly enough....  However a side effect is that all log files are
now stored as .rrd

Of course - all the old cool & froopy scripts weren't desgined for RRD, so
I'm stuck again!

I'm no Perl Scripter so I'll just have to wait until someone who can, does.
8-)

Cheers, Jas