[mrtg] Counte32

Orcun OKMAN orcun.okman at sbs.com.tr
Mon May 1 12:46:23 MEST 2000

Hi,

I am using MRTG for monitoring intermailserver.I made .cfg file manual.
But there is a problem with counter32.I have two kinds of oid options
gauge32 and counter32.When i used gauge there is no problem with
graphics.But if i use counter there is problem because  graphics seen zero.
if i use snmpwalk or snmpget i could see number are growing.If i use gauge
for these counter
options i can see graphics but this graphic is growing.
How can i use counter option.

In config.htm file:
In the absence of 'gauge' and 'absolute' options, MRTG treats variable as a
counter and calculates the difference between the current and the previous
value and divides that by the elapsed time between the last two readings to
get the value to be plotted.

Could you help me ?