[mrtg] Re: Monitoring Sun Enterprise Systems

msarges at midco.net msarges at midco.net
Tue May 2 17:32:38 MEST 2000

Hi all,

I have seen several queries go thru about monitoring
disk,cpu, etc on Sun hardware.  That was a past love of
mine, so I did some digging thru my worknotes, and on the
net.

Sun provides a mib and oids if you can eck thru the packages.

Here is what I found...

Search your system for a file called:  enterprises.oid
It has the default enterprise oid mapping laid out in it.

Also, see the following links for additional package install
help and snmp info wrt sun equipment.

http://www.sun.com/solstice/products/ent.agents
http://search.sun.com/query.html?col=www&qt=snmp%20oids&st=1&nh=10

Hope this helps,