[mrtg] Re: Polling Time / RRD / 14all.cgi

Rainer Bawidamann Rainer.Bawidamann at rz.uni-ulm.de
Wed May 3 10:06:40 MEST 2000

In article <01CA656A687ED211926B00805F77914004197F6C at az25exm02.geg.mot.com>,
	David.Pekala at motorola.com (Pekala David-p30198) writes:
> I have manually created the rrd files.  When I perform a rrdtool dump
> myfile.rrd, I notice that data is actually being taken @ the 20 second
> rate. You stated that "14all will use all of the data in the rrd
> files." This means that the 20 second polling is actually working
> then, right (actual question, not a smart remark)?

If you run mrtg every 20 seconds this should be true, but I never tried
this.

You can verify this by displaying a graph with one data value per pixel
(or less), e.g. a graph with a width of 400 and a (time) length of less
than 133 minutes (133min * 60sec ~ 8000 = 400pixel á 20 sec.). You will
notice if there is fewer data in the rrd.

Rainer