[mrtg] Re: OVmrtg

Etienne LEQUEUX Etienne.Lequeux at alcatel.fr
Tue May 9 10:34:46 MEST 2000

Hi,

Is the new version ov OVmrtg ("OverTime") always GPL ?
Where can we find more info on it ?( BTW, "OverTime" is not a really good keyword on the web...)

See below some details on Solaris install.

Bug list found, installing OVmrtg 0.2 on Solaris 2.7, OV/NNM 6.10. OVmrtg comes from contrib directory  of mrtg 2.8.12.

1) in ovmrtg.pm, incorrect ping syntax for Solaris. Bypass: change "ping $router -n 1" to "ping -s -n $router 64 1"
2) index uses gif references (now unfashioned). Bypass:    change "gif" to "png" in index.
3) ovtgts (executable ?) doesnt run in solaris. thus, ovsho desnt run. No source found. No bypass written (what are functions of ovtgts?)

Improvements (not bugs) done
4) Substitute local path of perl bin in OVmrtg's perl scripts (installation via installov.cmds)
5)"$buildht" script is not cronable in Unix. Bypass: wrote other sh scripts whitch a) modifies path b) sources $buildht

Bizarre...
6) Please note that ovmrtg 0.2 is published in HP's http://ovweb1.external.hp.com/nnminteract/README_OVMRTG.TXT,  in a windows flavour (setup.exe) )whith no reference to your name...,
(beginning of this readme below).

    Yurs, E.

<!--StartFragment-->
HP OPENVIEW NETWORK NODE MANAGER RELNOTES -OVMRTG
		    $Date: 1998/12/5 03:51 UTC $

@(#)HP OpenView NNM Release B.06.00 Dec 1 1998
@(#)HP OpenView ManageX Release 4.00 Dec 1 1998
@(#)Copyright (c) 1990-1996 Hewlett-Packard Company

Welcome to the HP OpenView Network Node Manager For Windows NT,
OVMRTG integration package.

We would like your feedback of how we can improve this int pckg,
as well as any difficulties you encountered (especially *any*
installation or licensing problems, including operator errors).
Please send all feedback via electronic mail to:

	daver at cnd.hp.com