[mrtg] Re: Multiple Processors Under NT

alex at ergens.op.Het.Net alex at ergens.op.Het.Net
Tue May 9 23:53:25 MEST 2000

[snipped long quotes; summary of posting:
        graphing multiple CPUs on NT gives 100% cpu usage]

>From several postings on the list (so: not from my own experience) I think
this is another problem:

1) MRTG queries the same OID twice; perhaps with multiple instances
2) NT processes this request; doing so the CPU will be busy
3) The OID will most likely show the current CPU usage, not an average
   of five minutes.  As the CPU *is* busy, you will get 100% for the
   second answer

There must be people on this list with sufficient time and skills to
test this out.  Please do so and confirm my guess or provide another
answer.

greetings,
Alex