[mrtg] Re: the first question of all....

Steven Koutstaal coldsteel at zonnet.nl
Thu May 18 11:42:26 MEST 2000

first, you create an access-list for all devices that are allowed to query
your device. this should not be a complicated one, since you only wish to
query this with your mrtg machine.

(logon)
en
(password)
conf t
access-list 1 permit (your machine ip, or a range of machines)
snmp-server community (choose a name, public is the most used, but also very
guessable) RO 1
(ctrl-z)
wr mem

now you are ready to start polling your router.

good luck,
Steven Koutstaal