[mrtg] Re: How can I graph the following?

Barry Irwin bvi-mrtg-list at rucus.ru.ac.za
Wed May 24 09:17:01 MEST 2000

On Tue 2000-05-23 (09:48), Mark Milano wrote:
> Right, UpTime is not really nessesary, but Disk usage vs. Disk Total and
> Memory usage vs. Memory total, those are important and I would like to know
> how to graph them.

Okay :-)

well either use an external program to get the data and massage into the
right format for mrtg ( great if mrtg is runningon the smae machine as you
are monitoring) or look at using something like the ucd-snmp package.

I'm using the external method ( see examples at
http://rucus.ru.ac.za/~quark/rucus-mrtg/ )  the scripts for generating these
can be found at http://rucus.ru.ac.za/~bvi/utils

Refer to the mrtg docs for details on incorporating external probes into
your config file.

Barry