[mrtg] MIB list

Adam Stanley astanley at pinn.net
Wed May 31 03:11:46 MEST 2000

I think I have the concept of MIB's down...but there is one thing I can't quite seem to understand - where is the monster conversion chart that changes all the symbols (system, ifdescr, ifnum, etc....into the numbers).  My problem is I have a whole server room packed with Cisco routers and I currently have MRTG setup and running beautifully logging incoming and outgoing traffic on all of the interfaces (which is quite an extensive list - I work for a 2-state ISP)...but I want to extend the graphing capabilities of the program possibly to graph router temperatures and CPU utilizations...I looked at the MIB Overview on Cisco's web page and found 'avgBusy5' will tell me the CPU Utilization over a period of 5 minutes, except when I try to use this in mrtg it complains of not being able to find the descriptor.  So where, exactly, can I find the string of numbers that point to the avgBusy5 label...any help would be very appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

-Adam