[mrtg] no graphs on web page

Rippe, Mark (CCI-Warwick) Mark.Rippe at cox.com
Wed Nov 1 18:11:05 MET 2000

running mrtg-2.9.4 on freebsd.
ran cfgmaker with;
 ./cfgmaker --global 'workdir: /usr/local/mrtg-2.9.4/www' --global
'options[_]: bits' --output /usr/local/mrtg-2.9.4/www/abc.net.cfg
@lunch at abc.net

fixed the @lunch in the abc.net.cfg file with the escape char.

next ran mrtg with;
./mrtg /usr/local/mrtg-2.9.4/www/abc.net.cfg

got the usual collection of file not found, can't erase errors. on the third
time it ran with no errors.
checked the workdir and found the .png graphs and the .html files.
called up the .png files on my browser (ms ie5). looked good
called up the .html files. looked good but no graphs, only borders.

next ran indexmaker with;
./indexmaker --output=/usr/local/mrtg-2.9.4/www/index.html
/usr/local/mrtg-2.9.4/www/abc.net.cfg

called up the page with my browser. all the data is correct except that
there are no graphs.
when i point to one of the boxes and click, i get a page not found error.

help ?

mark.rippe at cox.com

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't"

Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy
Douglas Adams