[mrtg] Re: question regarding rrdtool

Scott Baker bakers at web-ster.com
Thu Nov 2 17:50:43 MET 2000

That is the number of seconds since the epoch (1-1-1970) I believe.  it's a
standard unit of time measure in unix.

Scott

At 06:26 PM 11/1/2000 -0800, Jerry Hsieh wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I tried to read the rrdtutorial but there is one thing that I tried to read
>the document over and over but I really don't understand.
>For example,
>
>rrdtool create test.rrd --start 978300900 ==> what does this number mean?
>
>Thanks for your time.
>
>Regards,
>

>Jerry
>

>--

Scott Baker - Webster Internet - Network Technician
503.266.8253 - bakers at web-ster.com

Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things.
The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions:
could have, might have, and should have.
      - Louis E. Boone