[mrtg] Help with new configuration

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Wed Nov 8 16:43:33 MET 2000

Ok everyone, I feel like a complete newbie...

I ordered a brand new box, installed RH 7.0 on it and then downloaded the newest MRTG (2.9.4).  When I go to compile it, I get a couple errors when I ./configure it.

Checking for gcc...no
Checking for cc...no

No acceptable cc was found in $PATH

I didn't run into this error on my old box, and I have not set it up on any other machines where I ran into this problem either.  Anyone have suggestions?

I did a complete install of all rpms, and when I do a rpm -q <package> with gd, z, & png, they are all installed in the /usr/lib directory.

TIA!

Paul