[mrtg] Ok, figured the last problem out...

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Wed Nov 8 18:15:44 MET 2000

As many of you probably suspected, it turns out gcc was not install.  g++, but not gcc, so...

Thanks.  This was so obvious I completely missed it.  Ugh, now I've got another issue...

I installed gcc and about 8 other libraries that it depends on, and when I do the ./configure, I get a few errors.

So I changed the ./configure to be ./configure --with-gd=/usr/lib --with-z=/usr/lib --with-png=/usr/lib and configure craps out when it gets to the gd part.  Then when it does bomb, it says that I need to tell configure where to locate the gd lib with the option --with-gd-lib=DIR and --with-gd-inc=DIR, in addition to the other ones (z & png).  So I modified the configure statement and I get the same error, it's not finding the libraries for gd.  Am I completely overlooking the obvious again?

Again, thanks for the help.

Paul