[mrtg] Re: Global options vs. unit options

Isaac Grover isaac at coe.engr.sjsu.edu
Thu Nov 9 22:39:25 MET 2000

"Paul C. Williamson" wrote:

> I set up mrtg 2.9.4 and put in a global Options[_]: growright.  That works great.  When I added Options[target]: bits, mrtg ignored the global growright option.  The only ways I have figured out to correct it is to add the growright option to the individual target or remove the bits option from the target.  But then I lose the bits functionality of the interface.  Is this correct or is this a bug?

mrtg did what you told it to do.  =)

"Options[target]" will always override "Options[_]", but if you use "Options[^]: growright," and "Options[target]: bits" then mrtg will interpret it as "Options[target]: growright, bits" and do what you need.

Isaac Grover - isaac at coe.engr.sjsu.edu
SJSU College of Engineering, ECS / Networking
ENG 237, (408) 924-4074