[mrtg] Re: MRTG bandwidth measurment on a Catalyst 6509

Bjorn Nordbo bn at nextra.com
Fri Nov 10 10:40:34 MET 2000

Jonas Nylund wrote:
> I have a catalyst 6509 with a MFSC on my net and i m trying to
> monitor bandwith for every VLAN i have on it, but the bandwidth
> curves seam to show to low values.

Forget it; the MSFC will only deal with the first packet in the
stream. The VLAN counters on the swtich itself are useless as
they doesn't increment. Cisco TAC would not admit this to be a
bug. You could either bug Cisco about this and wait or make a
config file that sums every port in the VLAN. The latter is not
very accurate as inter-VLAN traffic will also be measured.

If you find a better way; please tell me. :)

--
Bjørn Nordbø  -  IP Development  -  Nextra Norway