[mrtg] Re: MRTG bandwidth measurment on a Catalyst 6509

Enerson, Marty menerso at marketwatch.com
Fri Nov 10 17:25:49 MET 2000

I just sent an email to this list asking the same question.  I had to graph
the individual ports on the CAT6509 that corresponded to the vlan uplinks.

The fun part was getting the interface numbers for the specified ports.
Since I have Cat6509 with a full set of 48 port blades, finding port 5/6 and
8/32 and whatever else took awhile.  I used Getif and did a show modules to
find the hardware address for the ports, then counting down in the interface
section of Getif, I was able to find the interface number for the port.

The reason I had to do this is because when you run cfgmaker on the Cat6509
and it pulls the 300+ ports... the blades are not in order.... like port 3/1
thru 3/48 then 4/1 thru 4/48.  The ports are in order but the blades are
not.

Just a heads up for you.

Marty

Marty Enerson
Network Administrator
CBS MarketWatch.com
menerso at marketwatch.com

phone: 612-752-1150 | mobile: 612-308-4624

www.cbs.marketwatch.com
www.bigcharts.com