[mrtg] Re: Interesting MIBS to watch

Travis Dawson tdawson at bluemartini.com
Fri Nov 10 22:11:03 MET 2000

>Just an advice based upon your personal experience.
>I've been monitoring traffic, CPU load and modem (%) utilization y our
>routers/Access servers.
>Now, my boss asked me a "more detailed" analysis for an specific
>costumer (ok: an specific serial interface) so I'd like to tell me about
>interesting/useful things you've monitored in the past: drop packets ?
>discarded packets ? interruptions ?

I monitor traffic / port, in and out errors, cpu usage, number of modems in
use, latency (mrtg-ping-probe) of the line. In some of my gear I also get
the temp (especially in remote wiring closets). I have went as far as to
make web pages that display the units serial number and state of the fans
with a link to the mrtg graphs page. (yes im sick).

-tdawson
-Network Geek (Bit Pusher)
-BlueMartini Software