[mrtg] rrdtool will not pick up old mrtg graph

Leif Neland leifn at neland.dk
Sat Nov 11 19:40:32 MET 2000

rrdtool 1.0.28
Old logs generated by mrtg 2.8.8

I have succesfully converted several targets from mrtg (rateup) to rrd by
just copying the .log to the mrtg-2 directory where rrd lives.

But this target won't pick up the "historical" values from the .log file;
instead it just starts a fresh graph from when I converted to rrd.

What could be wrong here? I have just copied it from the old .cfg file,
where it still runs. (I'm running both old and new mrtg in separate dirs)

I have also tried without the "perhour", but rrdtool does not pick up the
data from the old .log

Target[smtp-mail]: `/usr/local/mrtg/mrtg-mailstat.pl -m esmtp -p 9048 -s
mail.my.dom`
MaxBytes[smtp-mail]: 150000
Options[smtp-mail]: perhour,nopercent,growright
Title[smtp-mail]: SMTP Mail Statistics
PageTop[smtp-mail]: <H1>Mail Statistics </H1>
XSize[smtp-mail]: 500
YSize[smtp-mail]: 200
WithPeak[smtp-mail]: dwmy
YLegend[smtp-mail]: Breve pr time
ShortLegend[smtp-mail]: breve pr time
LegendI[smtp-mail]: &nbsp;Indgående:
LegendO[smtp-mail]: &nbsp;Udgående:
Legend1[smtp-mail]: Indgående breve pr time
Legend2[smtp-mail]: Udgående breve pr time
Legend3[smtp-mail]: Maximum indgående
Legend4[smtp-mail]: Maximum udgående

Leif Neland