[mrtg] Re: cfgmaker for ifInDiscards&ifOutDiscards

Isaac Grover isaac at coe.engr.sjsu.edu
Mon Nov 13 19:21:14 MET 2000

Nasreddine Tabet-Aoul wrote:

> I like to monitor the packets discards per interface for all our routers.
>
> Is there any quicker way to use the cfgmaker for that purpose.
>
> I am already monitoring the traffic on these routers, but changing the
> targets of all interfaces is quite cumbersome.

If I understand correctly, you can just modify cfgmaker to do what you want:

In sub GenConf, modify the line "${c}Target[$name]: $ifref:$router" to say "${c}Target[$name]: ifInDiscards&ifOutDiscards:$router".  Run cfgmaker on your router(s), set mrtg loose, and you should be good to go.

Isaac Grover - isaac at coe.engr.sjsu.edu
SJSU College of Engineering, ECS / Networking
ENG 237, (408) 924-4074