[mrtg] Re: MRTG SNMPv2c configuration...

Nathan Lax nlax at cisco.com
Mon Nov 13 17:38:29 MET 2000

Hello all,

Thanks, Rainer,  for your prompt reply. I've tried what you suggested, and
was pleased to learn that MRTG supports the 64 bit counters. However, I'm
still having a couple of problems:

Here is the my configuration:

#----- begin config ----#

Workdir: (some dir)

Target[10.1.7.120.18]: 18:public at 10.1.7.120:::::2
MaxBytes[10.1.7.120.18]: 2100000000
Title[10.1.7.120.18]: FRSW-1 (No hostname defined for IP address): POS5/0

#----- end config ----#

When I run mrtg with this config, I get the following error:

ott-devtest3:19> mrtg dpawsey.cfg
backoff (:2) must be a number >= 1.0 at SNMP_Session.pm line 117.
ott-devtest3:20>

Can you help? Is there a newer version of mrtg that I need to install? (I
am running 2.8.12) Also, what should I set the maxbytes parameter to? When
I try to set maxbytes to a number that can handle 64 bit counters, I get an
error message, saying 'Maxbytes must be smaller than maxint', which is a 32
bit number.

Thanks very much for your help,
Nathan