[mrtg] Problems with daemon

Boynton, Pete pete.boynton at ebenx.com
Tue Nov 14 20:41:59 MET 2000

Hello!,

I found your instructions
(http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/nt-guide.html) for
installing MRTG on NT very helpful. I am having one very big problem though.
When I go to make this all the time run with the

start /B perl c:\mrtg-2.9.4\bin\mrtg c:\mrtg-2.9.4\bin\mrtg.cfg

command. I get a message that says "daemonizing MRGT........" and it just
hangs. It does its reporting every five minutes for about 10-20 minutes and
then dies. What could I be doing wrong? I also tried installing FireDaemon
and get an error code of 1073 which says "service creation failed.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give me.

Pete