[mrtg] mrtg-ping-probe

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Wed Nov 15 18:18:10 MET 2000

Hey all,

If you don't use ping-probe, just delete this now.

Now, for all you that are still reading, how do I get this thing to
actually track numbers?  I have it configured correctly and it
creates the .log files and all that good stuff, but when I look
at the log file, it shows nothing but zeros.  I'm guessing it has
something to do with the times that get returned.  Typically
they are between 10 and 50 ms.

My setup:

OS Linux 2.2.12-20 (RedHat 6.1)
MRTG 2.8.11
MRTG-PING-PROBE 1.9.0

I rarely have ping response times of more than 1 second, so
I'm thinking I could multiply the time by 10 to get an integer.
Is that the problem?

Otherwise, I may have to go to rrd to get non-integer
numbers in the database, correct?

Thanks,

Paul