[mrtg] Creating a cfgmaker template

MALCOLM DOWN -1851 down.malcolm at abc.net.au
Tue Nov 21 11:27:01 MET 2000

Hi

These questions may already have been answered but I'm new to MRTG and can't
find the info I need, so any help is greatly appreciated.........

I am using MRTG to provide usage stat's on a number of Cisco Routers, on
multiple interfaces in our test labs.

Is there anyway to create a template format which cfgmaker will use.

In particular I always want the following attributes to be applied to all new
devices which cfgmaker creates .cfg files for:

1) Always show graphs in bits/sec not Bytes/sec
2) Always show the MaxBandwidth inBits/sec
3) Always growright
4) Always show Max value for interfaces on Daily, Weekly and Monthly graphs

Also:

Once I have created the config files and got everything the way I want it, is
there anyway to run perl once but to get it to run against multiple .cfg files.
This would save on system resources rather than running multiple instances of
perl for each router.  I am running MRTG on an NT workstation and want to
minimise resource usage!

Also:

Is there any documentation on creating a summary page as the initial page a user
would see which would for example only show the daily % utilisation on all
serial ports on all routers. Could the user then be able to click on the
relevant graph and be 'hot-linked' to the full page of stat's for the interface
for that router??

TIA

Mal

Mal Down
Network Engineer
Information Technology Services
Australian Broadcasting Corporation Pty Ltd

Email:   down.malcolm at abc.net.au
Tel:     (02) 9333 1851
Mobile:  0401 584 826