[mrtg] How do I just monitor working hours?

cesser at theaerocorp.com cesser at theaerocorp.com
Wed Nov 22 20:11:27 MET 2000

I have been asked to create a simple graph showing network utilization for
the senior executives. It seems that the web pages that MRTG creates are
too complex for these guys. All they want to see is the monthly average per
interface.

My first thought was to parse the HTML created by MRTG and grab the
"Average In" and "Average Out" and create a graph using these numbers. But
the traffic is so different from day to night that I decided that wouldn't
show the true story.

So, what I need help with is there any way to use MRTG to calculate the
average network utilization only between 6:00 AM and 4:00PM?

Thanks in Advance,
Chris Esser