[mrtg] Re: cabletron 8000

Justin Shore listuser at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
Mon Nov 27 03:30:59 MET 2000

At 1:50 PM +0200 11/23/00, johnattan c.p wrote:
>we use cabletron 8000 for our Internet connection to telekom (16
>Mbps)and other atm&frame relay (1-2 Mbps) lines over it. but it
>seems that mrtg cannot get any value from the ports. because it
>writes in cfg file as :
>The following interface is commented out because:
>
>### * has a speed of 0 which makes no sense
>
>### * --ifref=ip is not unique for this interface
>
>and all the ports are commented out so i cannot get any graffic. can
>anyone help me ???? but before cisco7513 was giving values..

What does a simple snmpwalk of the device give you?  We hope to
purchase a 8600 (someday, as soon as management convinces themselves
that migrating to a routed network is their idea).  Do an snmpwalk on
the device and give us some details.

Justin

Justin Shore       K-State Linux Distro Mirror, Sysadmin
macdaddy at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
<http://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/mirror/rpm2html>
<ftp://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>

*Internet2 Users*
<ftp://quest.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>