[mrtg] Ynt: Re: Stopping the Pop-up Windows in NT ?

johnattan c.p. johnattan at ihlas.net.tr
Mon Nov 27 12:36:05 MET 2000

Over all these, I want to say sth also. At the beginning of using MRTG as a newbie, everyone wants to do that job in a quick and comprehensive way and this makes NT the first OS, because unix is more complex and you must do additional operations on apache web server to work well. Than, that person sees the perfect way of monitoring via MRTG and begins to monitor several machines, but mrtg works with several perls for several machines and this makes a pop-up screen saver :-) But thanx to that list, everyone helps other as much as he (or she, meanwhile isn't there any woman in this world ???) can do and every day at least one newbie comes here. So as I have learned from these, I will suggest you to use "include" command and "mrtgscheduler" program only, for all of them, so mrtg will be run as a service once for all your .cfg files and you will see no other pop-up screen saver ;-))) if anyone have another better choice please share it...
have a nice work all.... and do not forget this please:
"As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and this we should do freely and generously." Benjamin Franklin

Celalettin Penbe (Johnattan c.p.)
System Eng.&Adm. in an ISP.