[mrtg] trap receiving and handling program

Ni Patrick-A11024 Patrick.Ni at motorola.com
Wed Nov 29 18:44:40 MET 2000

Hi,

   Tobi's CAM script is a very good one. I imitated it and in my script I
called the
"snmpget" from SNMP_util.pm  to monitor the Laserjet printers traffics (No.
of Pages
per 30 minutes) and I could directly "ask" the Cisco 4006 switches the
hostnames of
the hosts directly attached to them. It is pretty nice.

   I am asking anyone there having a sample SNMP Trap receiving and handling

program that I can imitate. I want to have a script  to receive traps from a
UPS.

Patrick Ni (Email: a11024 at email.mot.com)
UNIX System Administrator, Motorola Vancouver
11411, No. 5 Road, Richmond, B.C. Canada V7A4Z3
Tel: 604-2416085 Fax:604-241-6042 Pager: 604-6231679
Email and Web Paging: 6046231679 at email2go.com
http://www.rogers.com/wireless/english/paging/sendpage.html