[mrtg] Help with Indexmaker

Murphy, John JMurphy at gabrielcom.net
Mon Oct 2 22:12:15 MEST 2000

Being new to MRTG and SNMP I'm sure I've done something completely stupid to
cause this error, but I can't find the resolution in the manual, nor in any
of the FAQs....

After creating the .cfg file to monitor one of our Gigabit routers, and
confirming the proper function over the weekend, I ran indexmaker to create
a main page of all the interfaces, using this syntax:

indexmaker -t 'GSR Interfaces' -r '.' -o /usr/local/mrtg/gsr_1/index.html
/usr/local/mrtg/cfg/GSR.cfg

But then when I attempt to view the page there are 5 broken links.  Further
digging finds that the .html was generated with links to
IPxxx.xx.xxx.xx.gabrielcom.net.html.. unfortunately the files are
ip.xxx.xx.xxx.xx.gabrielcom.net.html.

Any help leading me to the source (other than my limited intellect -- my
wife explains that one to me daily) of my error would be much appreciated.

Thanks Much

<Insignificant Signature File Omitted>