[mrtg] Re: Help with Indexmaker

Murphy, John JMurphy at gabrielcom.net
Mon Oct 2 23:05:44 MEST 2000

Thank you! That fixed it

-----Original Message-----
From: Tobias Oetiker [mailto:oetiker at ee.ethz.ch]
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2000 3:24 PM
To: Murphy, John
Subject: Re: [mrtg] Help with Indexmaker

Today you sent me mail regarding [mrtg] Help with Indexmaker:

MJ> After creating the .cfg file to monitor one of our Gigabit routers, and
MJ> confirming the proper function over the weekend, I ran indexmaker to
create
MJ> a main page of all the interfaces, using this syntax:
MJ>
MJ> indexmaker -t 'GSR Interfaces' -r '.' -o
/usr/local/mrtg/gsr_1/index.html
MJ> /usr/local/mrtg/cfg/GSR.cfg
MJ>
MJ> But then when I attempt to view the page there are 5 broken links.
Further
MJ> digging finds that the .html was generated with links to
MJ> IPxxx.xx.xxx.xx.gabrielcom.net.html.. unfortunately the files are
MJ> ip.xxx.xx.xxx.xx.gabrielcom.net.html.

the the new indexmaker in mrtg 2.9.0pre29

tobi

MJ> Any help leading me to the source (other than my limited intellect -- my
MJ> wife explains that one to me daily) of my error would be much
appreciated.

MJ> Thanks Much
MJ>
MJ> <Insignificant Signature File Omitted>
MJ>
MJ> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, Timelord & SysMgr @ EE-Dept ETH-Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ / TEL: +41(0)1-6325286  FAX:...1517  ICQ: 10419518
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/ oetiker at ee.ethz.ch http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker