[mrtg] MRTG instances

Ni Patrick-A11024 Patrick.Ni at motorola.com
Thu Oct 5 20:01:47 MEST 2000

Hi,

    With more targets being monitored, I recently get more and more messages
like:

"ERROR: I guess another mrtg is running. A lockfile
(/local/mrtg-2.8.12/run/c1900
-comp-4/c1900-comp-4.cfg_l) aged
298 seconds is hanging around. If you are sure that no other mrtg
is running you can remove the lockfile"

    I think the monitoring machine gets so busy with a lot of "I/O Waiting"
that it just could
not finish the cron jobs starting at minute "0" before cron jobs at minute
"1" get started.

    I used the "Forks: 4" options but got "unknown option" error message. My
MRTG
version is 2.8.12 on Sun Soloaris. My question is: is "Forks:4" option only
working
on MRTG 2.9.0 and above? If yes, I have to upgrade my MRTG

Thanks.
Patrick Ni (Email: a11024 at email.mot.com)
UNIX System Administrator, Motorola Vancouver
11411, No. 5 Road, Richmond, B.C. Canada V7A4Z3

Tel: 604-2416085 Fax:604-241-6042 Pager: 604-6231679
Email and Web Paging: 6046231679 at email2go.com
http://www.rogers.com/wireless/english/paging/sendpage.html