[mrtg] RunAsDaemon on NT

Jim Hunt jhunt at hse.k12.in.us
Thu Oct 5 22:56:10 MEST 2000

I am using the new MRTG on Windows NT 4.0.  I added the RunAsDaemon to the
config file and it works great with one exception.  To start the program, I
type (the usual):

 perl mrtg mrtg.cfg

It starts the process and echoes the following

Daemonizing MTRG ...

However doesn't return to a DOS prompt.  You can close the DOS window by
clicking on X and choosing end task.  (Crtl C doesn't work.)  (The MRTG
keeps running fine.)   A clean exit would be preferred.

Idea:  I typed the command in the Run box from the start menu and it worked
fine.  It started clean in the background with no box!  Guess I fixed my own
problem!

Jim Hunt
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Windows NT Analyst and Administrator
Hamilton Southeastern Schools Technology Department

Visit the iWOK at http://hse.k12.in.us/wok/ <http://hse.k12.in.us/wok/>  -
the office cam is working again!