[mrtg] Re: Moving from MRTG to MTRG+RRDtool+frontend

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Fri Oct 6 20:04:47 MEST 2000

I recently migrated our system that was monitoring 7000+ targets over to rrdtool.
What I used was mrtg+rrdtool+14all.cgi - this allowed me to leave my current web
interface intact and simply change all of the links to the actual graphs only.
14all.cgi can be found in mrtg's contrib directory and instructions to make the
changes are at http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg-rrd.html

HTH

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 12:13:24PM -0400, Dan Colquhoun spake:

> I'd like to move to RRDtool to ease the load on my MRTG server.  I was
> looking at the various frontends available (bronc, cricket and the like) and
> was wondering if anyone had comments on them.  I am looking to monitor the
> following:
>
> Cisco routers
> 3Com switches
> NT servers
> SUN servers
> Linux servers
>

> With the rather large selection of frontends mentioned on Tobi's page, and
> the fact that it's taking me forever to test them all, I am looking for a
> recommended frontend to use.  Comments?
>
> ---
> Dan Colquhoun
> Co-Op Systems Administrator