[mrtg] Re: Problems with Schedule or RunAsDaemon on NT

Luis Camacho luis at annotate.net
Mon Oct 9 15:29:22 MEST 2000

I'm not sure how you set mrtg up, but according to the directions.

You need to load unzip mrtg to whatever directory (for this case c:\)

It should create a c:\mrtg-2.8.12

Then you need to unzip fiveminute.zip in the c:\mrtg-2.8.12\run directory.

assuming you followed the rest of the directions

You should set a/b/c.bat to say

start c:\mrtg-2.8.12\run\mrtgkick.bat

your mrtgkick.bat files should say

c:\perl\bin\perl c:\mrtg-2.8.12\run\mrtg
c:\mrtg-2.8.12\run\mrtg_your_router.cfg

The file "mrtg_your_router.cfg" should specify where the graphs are going to
be written
E.G WorkDir: c:\inetput\wwwroot\graphs
and then
RunAsDaemon: Yes
Interval: 5

Follow this link to a copy of directions given earlier last week.  I hope
they are helpful to you.

http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/pantomime/02-MRTG101pub.doc

Luis