[mrtg] Re: CMU SNMP and Redhat 6.2

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Tue Oct 10 17:57:31 MEST 2000

here you go......this is what I use for our stuff...

# First, map the community name (COMMUNITY) into a security name
# (local and mynetwork, depending on where the request is coming
# from):

#       sec.name  source                        community
com2sec local     ip.address.of.poller          string
com2sec local2    ip.address.of.2ndpoller       string

####
# Second, map the security names into group names:

#               sec.model  sec.name
group MyROGroup v1         local
group MyROGroup v2c        local
group MyROGroup usm        local
group MyROGroup v1         local2
group MyROGroup v2c        local2
group MyROGroup usm        local2

####
# Third, create a view for us to let the groups have rights to:

#           incl/excl subtree                          mask
view all    included  .1                               80

####
# Finally, grant the 2 groups access to the 1 view with different
# write permissions:

#                context sec.model sec.level match  read   write  notif
access MyROGroup ""      any       noauth    exact  all    none   none
access MyRWGroup ""      any       noauth    exact  all    all    none

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

syslocation Right here, right now.
syscontact Me <me at somewhere.org>
proc mountd
proc ntalkd 4
proc sendmail 10 1
exec echotest /bin/echo hello world
disk / 10000
load 12 14 14

this will allow polling acces from ip.address.of.poller and ip.address.of.2ndpoller only using 'string' for read-only access

HTH

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 10:46:03PM -0600, Nicholas Ritter spake:

> I can't get UCD to answer a query from an external system. A config file
> would be helpful, porvided that it is for UCD-SNMP, not CMU.
>
> Nicholas

Daniel R. Kilbourne
daniel.kilbourne at voyager.net