[mrtg] 14all.cgi/mrtg scheduling question

Dan Colquhoun dcolquho at opentext.com
Tue Oct 10 23:13:51 MEST 2000

Now that I'm using 14all.cgi with RRDtool I've lost the .html indecies that
I've created (of course).  I was using one mrtg.cfg file to do my polling,
however when I use 14all.cgi with it it wants to list all 600 interfaces.

I tried splitting the .cfg up back to device based files and running
seperate daemonized instances of mrtg, but they all triggered at the same
time.  And when they forked (4 ways), crunch, my little p90 was locked, and
good.  It's not often I have to hard reset a Slackware box.

So what I'm looking for feedback on is this:  I'm going to be keeping my
config files seperate, that way I can link to them with different copies of
14all.cgi, keeping a device-based index.  But I don't want to be brought
down again.  What's the best way to schedule and run 20-odd instances of
mrtg?  Is there perhaps some feature of i4all.cgi that lets me display
interfaces based on a regular expression that I'm missing?

Thanks.

---
Dan Colquhoun
Co-Op Systems Administrator