[mrtg] Re: MRTG & PNG images: browser failing to refresh

Mark Ganzer ganzer at spawar.navy.mil
Wed Oct 11 13:24:49 MEST 2000

No, I am not using RRDTool/14all.cgi. I've tried using the "WriteExpires"
option, however it doesn't appear that the Netscape Enterprise web server uses
the resulting meta files. The main reason I asked this question is that I
never had problems with the images automatically updating in my browser every
5 minutes when I had MRTG using GIF files. However they no longer do so after
converting to use PNG files, and I wasn't sure if it was a problem with how
the browser supported PNG files, or whether it was a problem on the server
side.  If Apache does properly update PNG's when using MetaFiles, then it
sounds like I need to dig into the Netscape web server some more to find the
problem.

-Mark Ganzer