[mrtg] Re: APC Symmetra UPS

Shawn Barnhart swb at cmenoc.campbell-mithun.com
Wed Oct 11 16:14:57 MEST 2000

It depends on what you have providing SNMP support to it.  We have several
SmartUPS 3000 units with the web/SNMP card in them, and I monitor:

Input line voltage - upsAdvInputLineVoltage.0
Battery Capacity - upsAdvBatteryCapacity.0
Battery Output Load - upsAdvOutputLoad.0
Battery Runtime - shell script reading upsBasicBatteryTimeOnBattery.0
Internal Temperature - upsAdvBatteryTemperature.0
Time on Battery - shell script reading upsBasicBatteryTimeOnBattery.0

Time on battery and battery run time are both values that are kept as
timeticks.  I've never been able to get mrtg to graph these values directly,
only by running invoking a script from the mrtg config to get simple integer
values.

You'll need to put the APC MIB wherever you put your mibs and load it from
mrtg.cfg.

They're actually pretty boring graphs. Line voltage is the most
interesting -- the power here fluctuates from 115 to 124 volts with almost
sinusoidal regularity.