[mrtg] Re: RRD TOOL help required

Rainer Bawidamann Rainer.Bawidamann at rz.uni-ulm.de
Thu Oct 12 17:11:18 MEST 2000

In article <902CE15A2579D311876D00805FC17C5202DD4867 at hht.satyam.com>,
	Janardhan at Satyam.com (Janardhan_Madabattula) writes:

> D:\INETPUB\wwwroot\cgi-bin>PERL 14ALL.CGI
> (offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input)
> Wed Oct 11 10:11:24 2000] 14ALL.CGI: Use of uninitialized value in
> tring eq at d:\jan\mrtg-2.9.1\lib\mrtg2/MRTG_lib.pm line 839.

This is from the line

      if ($error eq "yes") {

$error gets initialized to "no" and I cannot find a place where it is
set to something other than "yes". Strange.

I suppose you use ActiveStace perl 5.6.0? It might behave different than
stock perl under unix. I really don't know why you get this error.

> If any body have the configured 14all.CGI script please send me.

The problem is in the file MRTG_lib.pm from mrtg so no fix for 14all.
Probably the actual version of 14all fixes your problem but that's more
a workaround for strange behaviour of AS perl.

Another way: You can change the line 839 of MRTG_lib.pm to look like

     if (!$error || $error ne "no") {

(if it looks like the line above). This should remove the error message.

Tobi: What about using the '-f' switch of perl for mrtg?

Rainer
Rainer.Bawidamann at rz.uni-ulm.de