[mrtg] Re: Monitoring VIP cards

Bjorn Nordbo bn at nextra.com
Wed Oct 18 15:41:55 MEST 2000

Keith Olmstead wrote:
> Does anyone know how to monitor vip cards for a Cisco 7513??  I found the
> MIB but the 5 min interval changes every time you reload the
> interfaces.  Does anyone know of a constant MIB for the VIPs??
> Also, still looking for a way to name my interfaces with the Description
> instead of the type or IP.

I'm not sure what you want to monitor on the VIP-cards, but you are
out of luck anyway. To figure out what the instance numbers of the
variables in the VIP-MIB's belongs to, you need to look them up in
the entity-MIB, which is, surprise surprise, not yet implemented on
the 7500.

--
Bjørn Nordbø  -  IP Development  -  Nextra Norway