[mrtg] Re: FYI, GIF graphics

Justin Shore listuser at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
Thu Oct 19 03:29:23 MEST 2000

Another reason to use PNGs is the actual file size.  I've found the
exact same PNG image (created from an identical conf at the same time
with a PNG copy of MRTG) was exactly 1/4 the size of the identical
GIF.  Actually it was exactly .25560468544 the size of the GIF. ;)
That's good enough reason for me! :-)

Justin

At 9:49 AM -0700 10/18/00, SHOLAAS Margaret G wrote:
>Some previous posts have touched upon use of .png vs. .gif graphics in MRTG.
>What I think I've read is that there's some kind of legal problem using
>GIFs, but that older browsers may not support PNGs. The solution seems to be
>to get the browsers upgraded. Those interested in the GIF controversy might
>like to check out this site http://burnallgifs.org/
>
>Margaret
>
>Margaret Sholaas, System Programmer
>Regional Information System (a department of Lane County)
>125 E. 8th Ave.
>Eugene, OR  97401
>
>VOICE (541) 682-4565
>FAX (541) 682-2345
>EMAIL Margaret.G.SHOLAAS at RIS.Lane.OR.US
>

>--

Justin Shore       K-State Linux Distro Mirror, Sysadmin
macdaddy at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
<http://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/mirror/rpm2html>
<ftp://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>

*Internet2 Users*
<ftp://quest.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>