[mrtg] Utilization Reports and top 10 hosts

Senthilvel Rangaswamy Senthilvel.Rangaswamy at Eng.Sun.COM
Thu Oct 19 22:52:27 MEST 2000

Hi:-

I *was* using mrtg 2.8.12 to monitor a dozen switches. I had a script
that reads the html graphs of each interface of every switch and finds the
utilization for that host connected to that switch port.

I would like to move to mrtg 2.9.x with RRD. Of course I could continue
using mrtg 2.9.x without RRD. But I really like the RRD feature and I
would like to use it. The only downside is the html pages are on created
on the fly and the values like maximum-in, maximum-out etc are embedded
in the graph. So I have to write scripts to read the *.rrd itself and
do the calculations, pretty much like 14all.cgi. Does anyone have any
such thing out there.

Thanks,
--
..Senthil

#!/usr/bin/perl -w "Yet another Perl Monger"
Are you using 'use strict;' !!??