[mrtg] Re: output to $STDERR w/2.9.2

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Fri Oct 20 00:07:42 MEST 2000

At 07:44 PM 10/19/2000 +0200, Alain Cremieux wrote:

>Larry Vaden a écrit :
>
> > Following an upgrade from MRTG 2.8.11 to 2.9.2, we are now getting output
> > on $STDERR which we did not get when using 2.8.11, as in
> >
> > [root at ns2 bin]# ./mrtg fqdn.cfg > /dev/null
> >  >>public at fqdn<<
> >

>I had the same problem, and I solved it by removing the file mrtg.ok (my
>config
>file was mrtg.cfg).
>
>Hope this helps.

That doesn't work in our case;  the message is emitted by sub
writeconfcache in lib/mrtg2/MRTG_lib.pm, but it is only emitted for Cisco
routers in which we are graphing CPU utilization and/or temperature, i.e.
is, for hosts for which we are using an OID.

Does anyone know if this is a cockpit error on our end that we can fix?  Or
in other words, what is the error message trying to tell us?