[mrtg] Monitoring Cisco 675: CBOS 2.0.1 vs. 2.3.5

Scott Presnell srp at zgi.com
Tue Oct 24 16:31:00 MEST 2000

Hi Folks,
	I'm monitoring a Cisco 675 running CBOS 2.0.1 in bridiging mode
using MRTG.  In short I seem to be able to monitoring outgoing traffic
on the two interfaces (eth0, and wan0-0), and get some estimation of
through put on the bridge.

Specifically I'm finding that:

	IfInOctets.1 is somehow incorrect (way low compared to ifOutOctets.2)
	IfOutOctets.1 is about right.

	ifInOctets.2 is always 0
	ifOutOctets.2 is about right.

If someone is monitoring a 675 with a more recent release of CBOS (e.g. 2.2.0,
or 2.3.x) can you tell me if there is an improvement in the metering/tracking
of the two interfaces?  I have no *need* to upgrade (because I'm only using the
675 in bridging mode), but if the metering via SNMP is better I would consider
it.

	Thanks for any help.

	- Scott Presnell (srp at zgi.com)