[mrtg] Re: question on scaled values

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Fri Oct 27 16:10:55 MEST 2000

Dan,

You could just multiply the target value by 10 in the config file, then you wouldn't need to worry about the scale of the graph.

Paul

>>> <danellis at rushmore.com> 10/27/00 09:39AM >>>

I have seen it done, but cannot find the answer anywhere (faq, etc) on shifting
y values to a reasonable level.  Since snmp cannot report real values, our
cable modems are reporting a real value shited by a power of ten.

The question, how to do this shift.  I want to take my snmp returns, say 340
and trun it into the correct value of 34.0.  Should be easy, right?

Thanks in advance,
Dan