[mrtg] Windows 2000 and PPTP

Patrick MATHEVON patrick.mathevon at fra.fr
Mon Oct 30 12:39:44 MET 2000

I'm trying to monitor a Win 2000 box.
One NIC is connected to my LAN. No problem to monitor it.
The second NIC is connected to my ADSL-modem. Over this connection, there is
a VPN connection to the modem. I'd like to monitor this VPN connection. But
it seems to me that this connection changes its OID at each reboot.
The only thing I know is that this OID is the 4th when I do a walk on
ifInOctets...
Is there a way to setup it correctly in my  mrtg.cfg? If I monitor the 2nd
NIC, there is a difference of 10% between the two values...

Patrick MATHEVON
FULL RESOURCE ASSOCIATES
173, rue Saint MARTIN
75002 PARIS